Timeline of changes in your body - 6 months after surgery

The 6th month is usually the review point with your doctor. Results at this point may vary depending on individuals. This is just how it went down for me.

Elbow flexion started to be functional since around 4.5 months. This is, for example, I was able to raise a small bottle of water (not to my mouth, but to pick it up from the table i.e.). It would get much better over months to come.

Flexion after supination of the forearm wasn't good until around the 9th month, but at 6th month it started to get a decent range of motion while making a fist. This means I couldn't wash my hands following the old usual motions but it was a start. I could supinate and raise the forearm while making a fist, but not with an open hand. 

At this point I was doing exercises with 1-2kg weights for elbow flexion.

For arm abduction, I started to have some tiny movements while standing. Laying down was easier and I could sometimes raise my arm.

It was around this time that I ditched the arm sling around the apartment. Soon after I would ditch it to go outside as well.

Video of my range of movement 6 months after the surgery:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeline of changes in your body - 21 months after surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 3 years and 3 months after the surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 24 months after surgery