Timeline of changes in your body - 9 months after surgery

Reaching the 9th month life quality gets improved a lot.

Elbow flexion is pretty good at this point. I was able to do 5 KG weights easily for biceps, and 3 KG weights for brachiallis.

Arm abduction was not close to M3, but a good range of motion was achieved. A slight increase in muscle density could be felt in the deltoid.

By the 8th month I started cycling again. Not on a road bike like before, but on a comfortable, stable and more upright city bike.

Swimming became an everyday thing for me since the 7th month. I believe it helps with the recovery, since in the water you can easily move the arm it is more practical to get the muscles going. I developed a set of exercises that will be shared in a separate post.

Long walks of more than 10 KM with minimal arm support were comfortable.

The affected arm becomes of use for the day to day. At that time I opened doors with it, carried light objects, used it to get dressed etc. I was occasionally able to snack and reposition my specs with it. I mention "occasionally" because not every day was the same, sometimes depends on how tired the arm is at that moment. Moreover, I didn't seem to maintain a constant range of motion for a prolonged time - I believe the muscle was getting easily tired.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeline of changes in your body - 21 months after surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 3 years and 3 months after the surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 24 months after surgery