Timeline of changes in your body - 12 months after surgery

It's been 1 year from my surgery.

And I'm really happy with the progress.

I'm back to running since the 10th month. That completes the last sport I used to practice (running, cycling and swimming). 

I can eat with my right arm again. All the motions to turn the spoon and so on takes some adjusting, but the movement is there. After so long being a left-handed, it takes some "rewiring" to get used to do some things with the right arm again.

Around this time, a measurement is done to find out the transfer efficiency (M2, M3, M4...). I am not sure which 'M' I have at this moment, but this is what I have:


For some people, this could be seen as little. To me, this is great. After all the bad expectations I was put upon at the beginning, this feels like a second chance to have a full movement life.

This might not be the final result. I've shared my progress with my physicians and they believe I could improve further - if I stick to my current rehab exercises for the next few years.

I can feel more muscle building up in all the affected muscles. I haven't moved much on my elbow flexion weights, I reached easy 7 kg but I don't want to push it any further - instead, I'm lowering the weight and making sure I trigger the targeted muscles in the recommended motion.

Overall, using both arms regularly is giving me a feeling of moving on. I still don't know what I will do about riding motorcycles, but otherwise, it feels like resuming life as usual.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeline of changes in your body - 21 months after surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 3 years and 3 months after the surgery

Timeline of changes in your body - 24 months after surgery